As everyone knows, mobility and air pollution are closely linked. We can even affirm that one is the consequence of the other since mobility (thermal!) is today one of the first three causes of air pollution in France.
At R-PUR, we have been protecting you from air pollution since 2015. But we also strongly encourage every initiative aimed at reducing it. Electric mobility is one of them.
This is why we decided to test one of the latest solutions developed in electric mobility: the Brumaire electric scooter.
Electric or thermal? The impact of vehicles
heat on air pollution.
The electric scooter market is booming, and this is not trivial.
Whether you opt for electric for its driving comfort and for purchase subsidies or for ecological awareness, driving electric is good for the planet.
Air quality is a major contemporary issue, and the transportation industry plays an important role. It is now estimated that road traffic now accounts for more than half of nitrogen oxide emissions, nearly 20% of PM10 and PM2.5 particulate emissions, nearly 10% of volatile organic compound emissions non-methane, and finally a third of direct greenhouse gas emissions.
If your vehicle of choice is the motorcycle or the scooter, know that its thermal version is one of the most polluting vehicles on the road. Despite its small size, it is much more polluting than a car (up to 10 times higher, see Le Monde, 2019).
Electric, an economical choice.
The electric vehicle has the reputation of being much more expensive than a traditional (thermal) vehicle. As it becomes more democratic, is this still the case?
With a thermal scooter you have to worry about your chain or belt to be maintained, the clutch, the lubricating oil, the oil change. Arrived at the garage, all these maintenance operations are expensive because of the complexity of the vehicle. An electric scooter is much simpler.
Its driving part is composed of only 3 elements: a motor integrated in the wheel, an electronic controller and a battery. With that, we already save some money.
At the time of writing these lines, the price of gasoline has increased by +20%. If the price of electricity has also been increasing for 10 years at a rate of around one percent per year, driving electric remains much more advantageous: refueling a thermal scooter costs around 10 euros for a hundred km of autonomy. For an electric scooter, the cost of recharging is €0.33 for the same autonomy.
For daily use of 30 km, the owner of a thermal scooter will spend €90 per month or €1,080 per year. If it goes electric, this amount becomes €3 per month, €36 per year.
Finally, while walking around the Brumaire site, we discovered that there was not one, but up to three bonuses for the purchase of an electric scooter:
- A bonus for all French residents of up to €600.
- A bonus for Parisian residents: an additional subsidy of an additional €400.
- For professionals and self-employed: The Ile-de-France region completes the national bonus up to 50% of the total price. So for professionals, the Brumaire scooter costs €1595 instead of €3190.
Especially since the brand has the particularity of advancing the national bonus of €600!
Brumaire: enter a new era.
We recently had the chance to test Brumaire scooters, much to our delight.
It was first of all for its hyper retro design that we fell in love with it. But we quickly realized that Brumaire had much more to offer!
- Qualitative materials: the battery (60V) comes from Samsung, and the motor, made by the German Bosch, is 3000 Watts.
- A top-of-the-range service: a dense network of 100 garages in France, an application allowing you to locate your scooter and nearby charging stations. It also provides daily statistics to optimize its power consumption.
- In terms of autonomy and battery: 90km of autonomy is guaranteed with the two removable batteries included in the sale price, and a recharge in just three hours is possible with a conventional electrical outlet. (Practical !)
- Pluses: home delivery, free registration, and a two-year warranty for the motor and batteries.
On the design and personalization side : four colors to choose from: green, grey, beige and blue and two choices of saddle colors (beige, black)
Who is hiding behind Brumaire?
The magic of Brumaire operates in the 11th arrondissement of Paris. The brand was founded by two childhood friends, Émile Sautet and Stanislas Soulié́ around a common conviction: to make cities less polluted and less noisy. In terms of production, the brand is currently working on a second scooter model.
The latter will be the first 100% French and sustainable electric scooter. It will be offered from September 2023!
Want to test it? A brand ambassador will come to your home. To book your trial, it's here !